Our baseball program is publicly open to boys and girls in the community from the ages of 4-15. All skill levels are welcome. Season spans over 8 weeks and practice and game takes place on Saturdays only. Register now for a season jam packed with tons of athletic and spiritual growth opportunities!
Dates: Jan 28, 2017 – Mar 25 2017 (Saturdays Only) No Baseball Feb 25th.
– 11:00 am till 12:30 pm (Ages 4 to 6)
– 11:00 am till 1:15 pm (Ages 7 +)
Location: Youth Park (4100 66 Ave N. Pinellas Park)
Coaching Opportunity: If you are interested in Coaching baseball click on “Join the Team” Coaches’ Meeting is Wed. Jan 25th at 8:15 pm in Calvary Room C-12. This is a mandatory meeting for all coaches and assistant coaches.
Ages: 4-15 boys and girls. Division ages are determined based on the date of registration.
Skill Level: All skill levels are welcome. After the registration period, teams are drafted with the primary goal being fair and competitive play.
Deadline: Jan 25. Please register and pay on full by this date.
Payment: Online, cash and checks are acceptable. Please make checks out to Calvary Chapel St. Pete with “youth baseball” on the memo line.
Scholarships: Visit our Scholarships Page to apply. Scholarships are available on a first come, first served basis.
Closing Awards Ceremony: The season concludes with a special awards ceremony at the field (Youth Park) on Sat Mar 25, 2017, where each player is recognized individually with a medal.
What to Bring: Water, snacks, baseball pants, glove, cleats (helmet and bat optional). If you are bringing your own equipment, your name must be written on it.
- How do I know if baseball is cancelled due to rain? In case of rain, call 727-577-7705 ext. 243 after 8 am or visit our Facebook page for a Weather Update!
- What color baseball pants? Black or grey will work perfectly!
- Are cleats mandatory? No, they are not. Athletic sneakers will work just fine. If you have cleats you are welcome to wear them as they help with running on the fields (no metal cleats)
- Does my child need bat/helmet/glove? We would like for each child to have at least their own glove so they can practice at home. If they have a bat/helmet they are welcome to bring those as well. All equipment must have your child’s name on it in case it ends up in lost and found. If your child does not have these pieces of equipment Calvary Sports will have extra on hand every week for each team.
- I have old equipment my child grew out of, can I donate it to Calvary Sports? Of course! We would be happy to take any donation such as the equipment listed above or even baseball pants/cleats that your children may have grown out of.
For more information on this ministry, contact us at 727-577-7705 or via email.